- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 small cloves
- 1 1/ 4 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/ 3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Crushed red pepper, for garnish
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
Stir together the oil, garlic, and coconut milk in a saucepan on medium heat. Once the mixture starts to simmer, after 3-4 minutes, turn the heat to low and add the nutritional yeast, flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Continue to stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Toss half with the prepared fettuccine. Top with parsley and red pepper flakes. Store the remaining sauce in the fridge.