- 1/ 2 block firm tofu, drained and pat dry and cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 caps of Chinese mushrooms, soaked until soft, chopped
- 2 teaspoons black bean sauce, (substitute with 2 tsp soy sauce + 1/2 tsp maple syrup)
- 1 pound bokchoy, washed and julienned into thin strips
- 1/ 2 package dumpling wrapper of your choice
- Sesame oil, see below for measurement
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place julienned bok choy in a large bowl with 1/2 tsp salt, using your hands, gently fold all the veggies together. Set aside for 15-20mins.
In a heated pan with 1 teaspoon oil, saute mushrooms until lightly brown, add black bean sauce and stir until well combined, set aside and pan fry tofu cubes until lightly brown.
Using a cheesecloth or just with your palms, squeeze as much liquid out as possible from your bok choy. Add to your tofu mixture, combine well & season.
Place a dollop of mixture in the middle of your wrapper, moisten side with water and pleat to seal. Repeat until you are done with your mixture and then pan fry them.
In a heated pan with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, place dumpling, bottom side down and cook until brownish, add enough boiling water to cover part of the dumpling, cover lid. Turn heat to low-medium and let simmer until all water is absorbed.
Serve with gingery black vinegar and chili.