- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3/ 4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/ 4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/ 4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/ 2 cup quinoa, drained and rinsed
- 3/ 4 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce can) coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- lemon juice, To Taste
In a large pot, sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots for 5 minutes.
Then, incorporate all the spices/aromatics (salt, black pepper, chili flakes, turmeric, cumin, coriander). Stir until fragrant.
Stir in quinoa and water. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat, then add in lentils and coconut milk.
Cover the pot again for 7-8 minutes, cooking until the lentils and quinoa are tender.
Season with lemon juice + more spices to taste, then serve warm.