For the Crust
- 11/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nut butter, of choice
To Make the Crust
In a food processor, blend all the crust ingredients into a sand-like, slightly sticky mixture. Press into a 7-8 inch tart pan. Set in the fridge to chill.
For the Filling
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or other nut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons agar agar
- Turmeric powder, optional coloring
To Make the Filling
In a pot on medium heat, combine the coconut and nut milks. Bring to a simmer and stir well. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients, adjusting the amount of maple syrup and lemon juice to taste. Remove the mixture from heat and continue whisking until well-combined.
Let cool for 7-8 minutes and pour into the prepared tart crust. Place the tart in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before serving.