- 1 cup luke warm almond milk
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 41/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cardamon powder
- 2 tablespoons ground linseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
For the filling and topping
- 1/2 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons almonds slices
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
Pour the milk into a large mixing bowl, add 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the ground linseed with 8 tablespoons water.
Once yeast starts 'foaming', sift the flour in and add all the remaining ingredients. Knead the dough firmly until it becomes smooth and comes clean from your hand and bowl. Proof until double its size.
Knock out the air from the dough and divide into 3. Roll into chubby snakes and flatten them a little bit. Sprinkle the chocolate chips into the middle of your 'snakes' then close the dough over them.
Braid them and place them into a greased loaf tray. Proof for one hour.
Brush some melted butter gently over the top, sprinkle with sugar and almond.
Bake it in a preheated oven on 350ºF for 40-45 minutes.