Corn and Leek Bisque
Natalie from The Modern Proper joined us to make this in the Vitamix Test Kitchen at the Everything Food Conference.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Micro-greens, avocado, cilantro, jalapeños or tomatoes for garnishing
In a dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until tender.
Add corn kernels, bay leaf and garlic and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Pour chicken stock over the corn and season salt, pepper and cayenne. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes, then remove bay leaf.
Pour the soup into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Return to pot and add the heavy cream. Continually stir over low heat until cream is fully incorporated. Adjust seasoning as needed, serve, garnish and enjoy!