Lasagna is the perfect way to gather up your friends or family. Here @TheHealthMason uses Muir Glen Classic Marinara for
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Muir Glen diced tomates
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 (25.5 ounce) jar Muir Glen Classic Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/ 2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, breaking up into chunks with a fork. Pour in diced tomatoes, basil, salt and fennel seed. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Sprinkle eggplant with salt and let sit for 5 minutes to sweat out excess moisture. Dab dry with paper towel.
Spoon 3 tablespoons marinara sauce into 9x12-inch baking dish, spreading over entire bottom. Layer noodles, eggplant, ricotta, zucchini, turkey, then sauce. Repeat until you've used all the noodles. Top with remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Either wrap the lasagna in tin foil and freeze, or bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.