Shakshuka time! Make sure you make plenty of toast, because you'll definitely going to want to sop up every last drop of this.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/ 4 cup feta, crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- Bread, toasted, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add paprika, cumin, and cayenne.
Add diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let cook until tomatoes are fully heated through and slightly thickened, 6-8 minutes. Add feta and stir to combine.
Using a wooden spoon, create small divots in the tomato mixture to crack the eggs. Once eggs are all in the skillet, transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until eggs are just barely set, 7-9 minutes. Garnish with feta and basil, and serve immediately with toast.