Sip on a warm and cozy Maple Chai Spiced Milk Cocktail this winter. Made with homemade chai spiced milk, maple syrup, coffee liqueur, and bourbon, this delicious cocktail is the perfect way to warm up on a cold evening. Garnished with cinnamon sticks, star anise, and fresh nutmeg, this cocktail is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
Homemade Chai Spiced Milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 star anise, plus more for garnish
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 peppercorns
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/ 4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked, seeds removed, and pods discarded
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/ 4 cup prepared Maple Chai Spiced Milk
- 1 1/ 2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce bourbon
Chai Spiced Milk:
In a medium pot, combine the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, nutmeg, and cardamom seeds. Bring mixture to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Strain spices and stir in vanilla extract.
Pour liquor and bourbon into a mug or cocktail glass. Pour about 1/4 cup of warm prepared spiced milk over top.
Garnish with a cinnamon stick, a star anise and a bit of freshly grated nutmeg. Serve immediately and enjoy.