Photo by Lisa Thompson
This two-tone shake has something for vanilla AND chocolate lovers! Zeal Grass Milk Creamery 87% Unsalted Butter is cooked until it reaches the brown butter state, then blended with Zeal Grass Milk Creamery Whole Milk and vanilla ice cream. The rich, tangy flavor of the butter is the perfect match to vanilla. It’s topped with a chocolate layer, with chocolate ice cream and Zeal Grass Milk Creamery Chocolate Milk. Made with cocoa and sweetened with a Manuka Honey Blend, this chocolate milk is the perfect addition to this shake! A chocolate sauce and cookie-crumb rim, whipped cream, shaved white chocolate and a chocolate covered strawberry take this over the top!
- 2 tablespoons Zeal Grass Milk Creamery 87% Unsalted Butter
- 1/ 4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce, divided, plus more for serving
- 4 gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/ 2 cup Zeal Grass Milk Creamery Whole Milk
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/ 2 cup Zeal Grass Milk Creamery Chocolate Milk
- Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Shaved white chocolate, for topping (optional)
- Chocolate covered strawberries, for topping (optionla)
In a small skillet, melt butter, stirring occasionally, until foaming subsides and butter turns golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove brown butter from heat, let cool for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, pour about 3 tablespoons of chocolate sauce into a shallow dish. Put cookie crumbs into another shallow dish. Dip the rim of two tall (16 ounce) glasses into chocolate sauce, then roll into cookie crumbs (same some for garnish). Place glasses in the freezer to chill.
In a blender, blend vanilla ice cream and whole milk until smooth. Remove frosted glasses from the freezer. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce into the bottom of each glass. Divide vanilla shake among the two glasses. Place in the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
In the same blender (no need to wash) blend chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk until smooth. Pour into glasses.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, remaining cookie crumbs, shaved white chocolate and a chocolate covered strawberry!