A spicy ground beef stir-fry meets a fresh, colorful slaw in this simple lunch or dinner for two.
- 1/ 2 medium yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/ 2 small jalapeno
- salt & pepper
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 1/ 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/ 2 cup pineapple, chopped into small cubes
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1/ 2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/ 4 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/ 4 fresh cilantro
- juice of one lime
- Peanuts, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
Heat EVOO in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Cook until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add ground beef and break up into crumbles with a wooden spoon. Add toasted sesame oil and cook until beef is fully cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Add soy sauce and fish sauce and stir
For the slaw, combine pineapple, carrots, cabbage, cilantro, cucumber, and lime juice in a bowl. Toss and season with salt & pepper.
To serve, add beef mixture and slaw to a lettuce leaf. Top with peanuts and avocado slices, if desired. Serve immediately.