- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 28 ounce can Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Hand Crushed Tomatoes in Puree with Basil & Sea Salt
- 6 cups seafood stock
- 1/ 4 cup clam juice
- 1 pound shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 1 pound mussels, debearded and scrubbed
- 1 1/ 2 pounds cod, cut in 3-inch chunks
- 1 16 ounce can Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Chopped Tomatoes in Puree with Sea Salt, optional
In a deep pot over medium to low heat add the olive oil. Once heated add in the garlic, shallots, chili flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant, but not brown. If the garlic begins to brown, lower the heat.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook for 5 minutes. Add in Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Hand Crushed Tomatoes in Puree with Basil & Sea Salt, seafood stock, clam juice, and another 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir to combine and cover. Cook covered over low heat for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes taste the soup and add additional salt if needed.
Raise the heat to medium and add the clams and mussels. Cover once more and for approx. 4-5 minutes, until clams and mussels begin to open.
Add the fish and shrimp submerging them below the broth and cook for another 5 minutes until fish and shrimp are cooked thoroughly and clams and mussels have completely opened up. Careful not to mix the soup to prevent the fish from breaking apart. Remove and toss any clams and mussels that did not open. Serve with crusty bread.