Watch a recap of the demos that took place in The Feedfeed Test Kitchen at Food Loves Tech here!
1.5 lbs Shishito peppers
1 C tahini
Juice 1/2 lemon
1/2 C iced water (cold water helps to make the sauce creamier)
1 or 2 white anchovies (or leave out our ‘secret’ ingredient if you are looking for a vegan option)
1 garlic clove
1/2 C green herbs (any combination of mint, parsley, cilantro)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Make the sauce first and set aside while the peppers cook.
2. Place the tahini, anchovy, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. If consistency of the sauce is too thick, add extra water or lemon juice (depending on how tangy you want the sauce). If the texture is too watery or thin, add an extra 1-2 tbs tahini until you are happy with the consistency. Set sauce aside in dipping bowl.
3. Heat olive oil in a heavy based skillet or wok.
4. Once the oil is hot, toss in the peppers until well coated
5. Sprinkle the sea salt and pepper over the Shishitos and toss continuously until the peppers start to ‘blister’ and crisp up (about 3-4 mins). Place peppers on a platter and serve the dipping sauce on the side or drizzle sauce over the peppers. Add extra pinch of sea salt if desired.
The herbs can either be incorporated in the sauce or scattered over the top of the peppers on the serving platter.