- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2" squares (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1/ 2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/ 2 cup gluten free pasta
- 1/ 2 cup frozen peas
- 1/ 2 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/ 4 cup pinto beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/ 2 cups fresh baby spinach
In a large sauté pan, over medium high heat warm the olive oil. Add the bacon and fry until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Leave 2 tablespoons of the remaining fat in the pan and set aside the rest.
Return the pan to medium high heat and add the carrots, onions, celery, cook 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
In a food processor, puree the tomatoes and the tomato paste until well combined.
In a large Dutch Oven over high heat, combine 4 cups water and 4 cups chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add 1 Tablespoon of salt, the potatoes and gluten free pasta, cooking until noodles are 75% done, about 7-8 minutes.
Add the sauteed carrots, onion, and celery, corn, peas, cabbage and beans. Add black pepper, red pepper flakes, basil and stir to combine. Add the tomato mixture, stirring and bring to a boil, add the baby spinach and stir until slightly wilted, and turn off the heat. Serve.