On episode 2 of Tips with Teri, she shows you how to put together this delicious Pork Chop Platter! For more great recipes from Teri @nocrumbsleft, check out her blog here!
Pork Chop Platter
8 skinny pork chops, on the bone (about 1/2 inch thick)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
6 ears of corn
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil for pork chops (more reserved for toasts)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp Aleppo pepper
1 small red onion
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
¾ cup olive oil
1/4 lb chunk Feta cheese
Demi Baguette, sliced thinly and toasted
Bunch of green onions and chives, chopped fine for garnish
1. Make your marinated onions - Thinly slice the red onion. Place the slices in a container and pour the olive oil and red wine vinegar over. Add the dried oregano. Cover and let sit at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
2. Shuck the corn. Cut off the ends. Hold the corn from the top and cut off kernels with a sharp knife.
3. In a large frying pan on medium-low heat, sauté the corn in 2 tbsp butter for 5-10 minutes. Remove, salt and pepper, and set aside.
4. Salt and pepper the pork chops well. Sprinkle 1 tsp Aleppo pepper over the chops. Drizzle with olive oil and toss all together. Refrigerate and marinate for a couple of hours.
5. Slice the baguette lengthwise as thinly as you can. Brush with olive oil. Place in a 350 F oven until golden, about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Grill the chops 3-4 minutes a side on a clean, hot, oiled grill. Pull off and let rest.
7. Assemble your platter. Lay down the arugula, then place the pork chops on the arugula, add a block of Feta, then tomatoes and toasted baguette slices. Top with marinated onions and drizzle with the dressing from the onions. Sprinkle with chives and green onions.