Celebrate Fri-day with this trio of dippers! Grilled potato wedges are paired with creamy garlic guacamole, cilantro lemon aioli and sriracha aioli. Choose your favorite or make all 3 for a TGIF snack dinner alongside other appetizers and small bites.
For the Grilled Potato Fries
- 6 large yellow potatoes
- 1/ 3 cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
To Make the Grilled Potato Fries
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just slightly tender but not cooked all the way through, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and dry well.
Slice the potatoes into thick wedges, about 6 per potato. In a large bowl, whisk together the avocado oil (or olive oil), spices and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the potato wedges and toss.
Grill the potatoes until golden brown and crisp all over, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl or platter and serve with dips.
For Basic Vegan Aioli Base
- 1/ 2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1/ 4 cup lemon juice, or juice from 1 small lemon
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Sriracha Aioli
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the Cilantro Lemon Aioli
- 1/ 3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
To Make the Aioli
Blend all base ingredients together. Add in ingredients for whichever flavor you'd like to make and continue blending until smooth.
For the Creamy Garlic Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1/ 2 lime, juiced
- Garlic, finely minced, to taste
To Make the Creamy Garlic Guacamole
Mash all ingredients together until reaches desired consistency.