- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- sprinkle of sumac
To boil the potatoes, place them in a pot, covered in water with a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil, then let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or until the potatoes become tender or you can insert a fork easily.
Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, salt, allspice and cinnamon. Mix to combine. Transfer to the bowl. Add the tomatoes.
Mix in the lemon juice and olive oil and stir to coat. Garnish with oregano leaves and sumac to taste.