Craving french fries, but want something a little bit healthier? @MunchkinTimeBlog made these oven baked parsnip fries for just that. Pair with some Annie's Organic Thousand Island Dressing for dipping and you have the perfect side for burgers, game day and more.
She got all of her ingredients from her local co-op, find yours here and give it a try!
- 5 parsnips, peeled and cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Kosher salt, To Taste
- Black peppercorns, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Annie's Organic Thousand Island Dressing, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil paper.
In a small mixing bowl combine avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is combined.
Place parsnips into a mixing bowl, pour the oil mixture over the top and using hands, mix well until everything is combined.
Spread parsnip sticks over the baking sheet, leaving space between each fry. Bake for 15 minutes, then broil on high for 3 minutes or until the tops are golden color.
Serve warm with parmesan cheese, fresh parsley & Annie's Organic Thousand Island Dressing.