This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1 3/ 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/ 4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/ 3 cup brown sugar
- 1/ 3 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 4 teaspoon jam, of choice
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside. Beat butter, egg, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Mix dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet. Make a round well in the dough balls. You can use your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon. Do not push too deep so that the baking sheet is visible in the well.
Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam into each well. It is okay to somewhat over fill but try not to under fill.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Carefully set on a cooling rack and serve cookies room temperature.