- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherried balsamic
- 1/ 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch lemon pepper
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 cup lovingly torn maitake mushrooms
- 1 sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 quartered grape tomatoes
- 2 pieces thickly sliced ancient grain or whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/ 3 cup be generous almond milk cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Heat the olive oil, balsamic, garlic, lemon pepper, and rosemary in a small sauté pan over medium heat. The oil should be just enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
Add all the mushrooms and the tomatoes to the pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The mushrooms may shrink significantly, do not be alarmed.
Meanwhile, butter the sliced bread and broil it on high (about 2 min. per side) or just put it in the toaster (time will vary depending on how toasty you like the bread to be).
Generously spread the cream cheese on the toast, and top with the sautéed mushrooms. Sprinkle with fresh chives and then eat!