- 1 cup rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/ 2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Handful spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) block tofu, drained and cubed
- Water, or vegetable stock
Stir fry your veggies in a non stick pan without oil until cooked. If needed add a couple tablespoons of water to allow for the vegetables to cook without the help of oil. You can also use vegetable stock if available.
Once the vegetables are softened, add soy sauce, smoked paprika, tomato paste and maple syrup and stir. Add tofu pieces and combine so everything is evenly coated by the sauce. Stir for a couple minutes to allow the tofu to soak absorb the flavours.
Finally add the cooked rice and stir fry for a few more minutes until everything is evenly mixed. Take off heat and stir in the spinach so it only lightly wilts from the remaining heat.
Serve straight away or pack into bento boxes to take with you to school, uni or work!