Marinaded and glazed in a slightly sweet and almost caramelized whisky-soy sauce mixture, these Grilled Beef Kabobs with Whisky Glaze highlight the 100% grass-fed high-quality standard of Pre Sirloin Steaks. A tip when assembling the kabobs: soak the skewers in water for a minimum of 30 minutes or preferably overnight to ensure they won't burn when grilled!
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon whisky
- 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 2 cup cola
- 1 1/ 2 pounds Pre Sirloin Steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound (16 ounces) whole cremini or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/ 2 pound (8 ounces) shishito peppers
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
Add marinade ingredients (except for cola) to a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
Place steak cubes in a gallon-size zip-top bag. Pour ¾ cup marinade over steak, seal bag, and gently massage before refrigerating for 2-4 hours.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add remaining (¾ cup) marinade and cola and simmer for 20 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally, so the glaze does not overflow or burn.
Assemble the Steak Kabobs:
Mix salt, pepper, and dried basil in a small bowl. Lightly toss vegetables in olive oil.
Thread marinated steak, mushrooms, onions, and shishitos onto skewers, starting and ending with steak. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on all sides of the kabobs.
Grill Steak Kabobs:
Clean, oil, and preheat the grill. For a charcoal grill, set up 2 zone fire at medium-high (for a gas grill, preheat to 450 degrees F).
Place kabobs on grates over direct heat, turning on four sides for 1 ½ minute each. Move kabobs to indirect heat and continue rotating on the grill for 5-7 minutes or until meat reaches your desired internal temperature.
Let kabobs rest for 5 minutes, brush on whisky and cola glaze and serve.