This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 9 large washed, peeled, and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/ 3 cup non-dairy butter
- 1 1/ 2 cups vegan vegetable broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/ 2 cup dairy-free cheese shreds
- 1/ 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/ 4 cup Chopped green onion
- Optional: paprika, parsley and/or other seasonings to taste.
Grease a 2 quart (or larger) oven-safe casserole dish with oil or cooking spray.
Layer the thinly sliced potatoes and onions in the dish (alternating) and season with salt and pepper between each layer.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saucepan melt the butter. Then, stir in flour and whisk until well-combined.
Next, whisk in vegetable broth, garlic powder, milk and cheese shreds. Whisk until well-combined.
Pour your "cheese" sauce over the potatoes. Then, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and other seasonings, as desired.
Bake uncovered at 350℉ for 60 minutes, or until bubbly, and lightly browned on top.
Remove from oven, and allow to slightly cool.
Top with green onions, and serve immediately.