Make room on your summer table for this summer pasta salad. Spicy arugula is tossed with creamy chickpeas, crunchy carrots, celery, cucumbers and radishes and finished with a bright lemony vinaigrette. We love using a 50/50 mix of veggies and pasta in our pasta salads (is it pasta salad? Or salad pasta?) Chickpea rotini boosts the protein, but use any short-cut pasta you like! Don't let summer end without making this dish!
This Recipe is Featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 easy and seasonal dinner recipes delivered to your inbox every weekend.
For the Salad
- 3 cups cooked chilled chickpea rotini pasta
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 small sweet peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small rainbow carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, for topping
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 1/ 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/ 2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
To Make the Vinaigrette
Put all the ingredients into a cruet and shake well before using.
To Make the Salad
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of white sesame seeds.