- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Unsalted butter, as needed
- 1 1/ 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/ 2 cup chopped cornichons
- Canola oil, as needed
- Salt and black pepper, To Taste
- Lettuce, for serving
Divide the ground beef into 4 patties and season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat and add canola oil. Once shimmering, add patties and cook for about 3 minutes per side.
Add cheese and cook for one additional minute. To assemble, butter buns then add one cooked patty to each. Top with tomato, onion, lettuce and cornichons and enjoy.