- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/ 4 cup brown sugar, or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 heaping teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/ 4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/ 4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/ 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/ 2 cups almond milk, or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 bosc pear, quartered and cored
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl until well combined. Pour wet into dry and mix to evenly distribute. Chop 3/4 of the pear into small pieces and thinly slice the remaining 1/4; set aside.
Pour half the oat mixture into prepared baking dish. Spread chopped pear evenly on top, then top with remaining oat mixture. Arrange pear slices on top in a pinwheel, or other design. Press down slightly to ensure pear sticks.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let cool slightly before slicing. Store covered in the fridge. Reheat to serve.