- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ 8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/ 2 pounds boneless-skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/ 2 white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/ 2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 2 1/ 2 cups EPIC Tuscan-Style Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/ 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/ 4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/ 2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped & oil drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika and black pepper together in a small dish. Rub evenly onto all sides of the chicken thighs.
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken thighs on each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
Melt the butter in the cast iron skillet. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add orzo and stir to combine for about 1 minute. Add EPIC Tuscan-Style Chicken Bone Broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Return the chicken back into the pan.
Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until the bone broth has been absorbed and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
Garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice on top, if desired.