This recipe is featured in our Weekly Vegan Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1 cup pistachios, (roasted), shelled, chopped
- 3/ 4 cup oats
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 3/ 4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 1 1/ 3 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
Add pistachio nuts, oats, dates, coconut oil, and salt to a blender and process into a sticky mixture. This will form your cake base. Spread cake base mixture in a small springform cake tin (8 in / 20 cm diameter) and press firmly with a spoon.
Use a blender to purée softened cashew nuts with coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, and half of Matcha powder. Pour into springform cake tin over the base. Put cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
Before serving, allow to thaw a little, and sprinkle with remaining matcha. Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.