Honey and chipotle are brushed over these salmon filets and then pan-fried in ghee-which has a higher smoke point than traditional butter, so you'll be able to get the salmon crispy without setting off the smoke alarm. Paired with some oven-roasted potato medallions and asparagus, you're going to love this full balanced dinner.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium russet potatoes, sliced in rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/ 4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400°F until golden brown and crispy, about 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
Toss potato rounds with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bake at 400°F until golden brown and crispy, about 35 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk honey, chipotle chili powder, butter, salt & pepper. Spread evenly over salmon fillets.
In a medium pan over medium high heat, melt ghee. Add salmon fillets, skin side up, and sear until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve immediately with asparagus and potatoes. Top with Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if desired.