Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
For the Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed, mixed with 6 tablespoons water (let stand for 10 minutes before adding to recipe)
- 1 heaping cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
For the Streusel
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Begin by making the streusel: Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon together in medium bowl, cut/rub in butter until mixture resembles pea size crumbs, place in fridge until ready to top your muffins.
To make the muffins, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Combine the lemon zest, juice, vanilla, oil, almond milk, and ground flax mix in another bowl and then add the wet bowl into the dry ingredient bowl and fold the batter until almost incorporated. Add in the berries and mix until evenly combined, trying not to overmix.
Line a muffin tin with liners, fill 2/3 full. Bake at 400ºF for 15-17 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.