- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/ 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/ 2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/ 2 cup cashews, ground into a powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, optional
- Salt, To Taste
- Black pepper, To Taste
- 1 pound pasta, (optional) cooked according to package directions
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Drizzle garlic with oil and wrap in tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Raise oven to 450ºF. Roast the red pepper for 30 minutes, or roast directly over flame on gas stove, turning until all sides are blackened. Let cool, then remove most of the charred bits, stems, seeds and core.
Add garlic, red pepper, cream cheese, cashew powder, oil, tomato paste (if using), salt and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth. Heat sauce in microwave or on the stove before using.
Toss with cooked pasta (if using) while warm. Can also be used to top grain bowls, baked potatoes and more!