- 4-6 slices day old bread
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy alternative
- 1 tablespoon spelt flour, or gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Oil, for cooking
Blend all ingredients ( except bread) in a blender until smooth. Empty mixture into a tray. Dip bread into mixture on both sides.
Heat a fry pan with a little bit of coconut oil or oil of choice. Fry the bread on low - medium heat for about 1 minute on each side until it forms a nice darkish crust. Serve with fresh berries and extra maple syrup and anything else you want.