- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large leeks, root and tough dark green tops removed, cleaned and medium chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cleaned and medium chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, cleaned, leaves removed and cut into 2-inch florets
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed black pepper, to taste
- Finely chopped green onion, for garnish
- Coconut cream drizzled on top, for garnish
In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic until the soft about 3 minutes.
Add the leeks and celery to the pot and fry until soft about 5-6 minutes.
Add the stock, water, cauliflower, and the bay leaf, then bring to a boil.
Simmer 30 minutes or until the florets are tender, then discard the bay leaf.
Puree the soup in a food processor until smooth.
Garnish with cracked pepper, coconut milk and green onions.