- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 smallpotato, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 A handful of spinach, chopped
- 1/ 4 cups green peas, fresh/ frozen
- 2 tablespoons sweet corn kernels, fresh/ frozen
- 5 Garlic cloves, grated
- 1 cubanelle/ any pepper, chopped
- 1/ 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cups boiled/ canned kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 dry basil
- 1/ 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoons chili flakes
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 1/ 2 litre vegetable stock/ water
Heat oil in a pan and the crushed garlic, sauté for around 30 seconds. Add in the chopped onions and cook till they become translucent.
Next, add the celery, carrots, potatoes and saute for 7-8 minutes. Add sweet corn and peas, saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add, tomatoes, tomato paste, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Once the tomatoes turn mushy add all the spices, herbs, and salt.
Cook for about a minute and then add the broth. Let the broth simmer for about 5 minutes.
Take around 2 ladles of vegetables cooked in the broth with 2 tablespoons of broth in a grinding jar. Let it cool for about 2-3 minutes and then grind it to a thick paste. (This is the secret of getting a perfectly thick consistency of minestrone soup. You can also use cornstarch to thicken the soup but adding vegetable paste gives a better taste)
Add the pasta, chopped spinach, kidney beans, and vegetable paste to the pot and cook for another 20 minutes.
Once ready, take out in a bowl and enjoy with your choice of bread.