- 11/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 11/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 English hothouse seedless cucumber, sliced into rounds or spears
Add the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, garlic, dill and bay leaf to a large (1-quart) jar — or divide the mixture evenly between two small (1-pint) jars — and stir to combine.
Add the sliced cucumbers to the jar(s). Then place the lids on the jar(s), and shake to combine.
Refrigerate ideally for at least 2 days before eating, although you can totally dive in before that time. The pickles will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.