Move over pancakes, we've got a stack of French toast coming through! This is one of our favorite sweet starts to the day, easily customized however you like. Use whatever fruit is in season, drizzle your favorite nut butter, sprinkle it with seeds. Serving a larger crowd for brunch? Make this Baked Cardamom Saffron French Toast!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Pure maple syrup, for garnish
- Coconut yogurt, for garnish
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
Whisk the eggs, coconut milk, desiccated coconut, and vanilla together in a bowl. Add the bread slices and soak for 1-2 minutes ensuring the bread is completely coated and soaked in the mixture.
Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a fry pan on medium to high heat - then add the soaked slices and cook for roughly 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Serve with coconut yoghurt, pure maple, fresh strawberries, and coconut flakes.