- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, or less
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 6 fluid ounces aquafaba (drained from a 14-ounce can of chickpeas)
- 5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt coconut oil with erythritol in a small pot over low heat. Let cool, then add vanilla, almond butter and salt, and whisk until fully incorporated and smooth. Taste and add more salt if you wish. Divide it into small glasses or mugs and place in a fridge for 1-2 hours until firm.
In the meantime, melt dark chocolate in a microwave or use water bath method. Once melted, stir in maple syrup (if using) and vanilla extract.
Drain aquafaba into a large bowl and whip using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, about 15 mins.
Once chocolate has cooled, gently and slowly fold it into the whipped aquafaba using a rubber spatula. Gently mix until well combined. Add the mousse on top of the salted caramel layer and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, until it’s set.