- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, or less
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt, or more
- 180 millileters aquafaba (drained from a 400g can of chickpeas)
- 150 grams vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, add if you want your mousse to be sweeter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt coconut oil with erythritol, let it cool, add vanilla, almond butter and salt and whisk until fully incorporated and smooth. Taste and add more salt if you wish. Divide it into small mugs and place in a fridge for 1-2h so that it gets firm.
In the meantime, melt your chocolate in a microwave or by water bath method. Once melted stir in maple syrup and vanilla essence.
Drain aquafaba into a large bowl (make sure it’s grease-free) and using an electric mixer beat until stiff peaks form (around 15mins).
Once chocolate has cooled, gently and slowly fold it into the whipped aquafaba using a spatula. Gently mix until well combined. Add the mousse on top of the salted caramel layer and place in the fridge for at least 1h or longer, until it’s set.