- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/ 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pear, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley
- roasted almonds, to garnish
Heat a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the onion and sauté for about 2 minutes until lightly brown. Add the cauliflower and ginger and sauté for one minute. Add the vegetable broth, pear and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then lower heat. Put the lid on the pot and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Mix with a blender until creamy. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Divide the soup into 4 bowls. Serve hot topping each bowl with fresh parsley, a tablespoon of olive oil and roasted almonds.