For the Pasta
- 14 ounces (400 grams) dry pasta
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (400 grams) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (200 grams) fresh spinach
For the Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
Cook pasta according to package directions, then strain the pasta.
Boil the cashews in a pot of water for 15 minutes, until softened. When the cashews are done cooking, strain them and add to a high-speed blender together with all the other sauce ingredients and blend until smooth, set aside.
Combine the tomatoes, garlic, and onion in a medium pan over medium heat with a splash of water. Cook until onions are translucent and have softened.
Pour the cashew cream sauce into the pan of cooked vegetables. Mix in the drained pasta and cooked spinach. Toss all ingedients together.