If you’re in the mood for a lighter version of your favorite winter pasta, I have one for you! Cacio e Pepe with loads of parm and black pepper with ribbons of summer squash and Lucini Italia Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil standing in for some of the butter.
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized into noodles (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium summer squash, spiralized into noodles (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pound gluten free noodles
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 11/2 tablespoon Lucini Everyday Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons butter
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- Freshly cracked black pepper, for serving
Place the zucchini and summer squash noodles in a colander over the sink and salt heavily. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, letting any excess water drain.
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add basil mint, parsley, olive oil, butter, and remaining pasta water in saucepan. Top with Parmesan and black pepper. Serve immediately.