- 1 (10 ounce) package dry somen noodles
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1/ 4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/ 2 (14 ounce) block firm tofu
- 1/ 4 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper
Boil water and cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent the noodles from cooking further.
Heat a pan over medium heat and crumble the tofu into the pan. Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric. Stir until seasonings are evenly mixed and the tofu has turned a yellow color. Take off from heat and let cool.
Prepare the dressing by adding all ingredients to a small jar. Tightly seal the jar and then shake vigorously for a few seconds until everything is combined.
Add the lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, cabbage, and green onion to a large salad bowl. Add in the noodles, tofu, and salad dressing and mix well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.