Recipe Intro From feedfeed
Indonesian Oxtail Soup
1 kg of oxtail, chopped 250gr small potatoes, peeled 3 carrots, peeled and chopped4-5 bulbs of garlic, crushed and sauted2 slices of ginger, sliced 1 tsp ground nutmeg2 tsp pepper10 bulbs of shallots, peeled, sliced and deep fried.1 whole onion, peeled, sliced and sauted1 tbsp cooking oil
1. In a pot of boiling water, add ginger and oxtail chunks. Allow to heat with lower heat on for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, drain oxtail chunks in a bowl. 3. In another pot of boiling water, put the oxtails and cook for 1hour or more (depends on the tenderness)
4. Add ground nutmeg and pepper
4. Add fried shallot and sauted onion and garlic to the pot and stir. Add the potato.
5. After the oxtail is tender, add carrots -and allow to cook for another 5 minutes (i don't want the carrots get soft, i like it medium hard?) and season with salt.
6. Serve hot with celery as a garnish and squished lime for a bit of twist and bring out the aroma. 7. Add condiment (sambal) as required.