- 1 pound spaghetti, or noodles of choice
- 3/4 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 5 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or sambal oelek
- 5 tablespoons reduced sodium Tamari
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
In a large pot, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¾ cup of the water, rinse, and set aside.
In a separate pot, bring water to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, blanch broccoli florets for about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent the broccoli from cooking more. Set aside.
To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, reserved pasta water, chili garlic sauce, tamari, maple syrup, lime juice, and sesame oil in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
In the same pot that you used to blanch the broccoli, add oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add mushrooms in a single layer and sprinkle with kosher salt. Let the mushrooms sauté until they're caramelized, about 10 minutes. Once the mushrooms are caramelized, add peppers, garlic, and ginger. Cook an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Once the peppers are cooked through and look a bit tender, reduce the heat to low and add the broccoli to the pot.
Toss noodles with veggies and peanut sauce, mixing until all the noodles are coated with sauce.
Serve with crushed peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, fresh cilantro, and some red pepper flakes. Enjoy!