- 8 slices of bacon
- 21/2 pounds chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalk of celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can Tuttorosso Tomato Puree
- 1 6-ounce can Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package
- 1 bunch of green onions
Add bacon to cold, heavy-duty dutch oven, turn heat to medium then cook until crispy, about 5 minutes per side. Remove cooked bacon, set aside to drain. Reserve 2 tbsp. of bacon grease in pan.
Over medium-high heat, add chicken pieces to bacon grease and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
Turn heat to medium, add diced bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic, scraping up browned bits, then cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
Add in Tuttorosso Tomato Puree, Tuttorosso Tomato Paste, chicken broth, white wine, cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, basil, browned chicken pieces, half of the cooked bacon, salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
Serve over hot cooked rice. Top with remaining bacon and green onion.