"Thai Peanut Crunch Salad w/ U.S.-grown jasmine rice: Are you a peanut sauce lover? Then this recipe is for you! I created this THAI PEANUT CRUNCH SALAD recipe in partnership with USA Rice and The Feedfeed. It’s filled with crunchy veggies, plant-based protein thanks to edamame, and U.S.-grown jasmine rice. Jasmine rice is a fragrant rice variety, so it will make your home smell sooo good while it cooks. #thinkrice #feedfeed"
Thai Peanut Crunch Salad
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 20mins
Serves or Makes: 2
- 1 cup U.S.-grown jasmine rice
- 1 1/ 2 cups shelled edamame, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups thinly sliced and chopped red cabbage
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, or hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/ 2 cup cashews, chopped
Prepare rice and frozen edamame on according to package instructions.
While rice cooks, chop all your veggies and put them in a large mixing bowl.
Prepare peanut sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
Add cooled rice and edamame to the bowl with veggies. Pour peanut sauce over ingredients and toss well to combine.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cashews. Enjoy!