- 1 1/ 2 chicken, whole and butterflied
- 1/ 2 cup combined grapefruit and orange juice (roughly 1 grapefruit and 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 grapefruits, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- Bunch of watercress
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons honey + 1 tablespoon for drizzling
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 lime thinly sliced
Place your chicken into a large roasting tray and generously season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, orange and grapefruit juice, honey, olive oil, garlic and fennel seeds and mix well. Pour the marinade over the chicken and ensure all parts are equally covered. Cover your chicken and leave in the fridge overnight or a minimum of two hours.
When you are ready to cook your chicken take it out of the fridge for 1 hour beforehand to bring it to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Thinly slice your fennel, 1 orange, 1 lemon and 1 grapefruit and place around the chicken. Drizzle the chicken and fennel and citrus with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey and roast for 40 minutes.
While your chicken is roasting slice the remainder of your oranges and grapefruit.
Leave your chicken to rest for 5 minutes then serve immediately with your fresh orange and grapefruit and a large handful of watercress.