- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup split red lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- fresh lime juice and jaggery (optional), for serving.
In an electric pressure cooker, heat coconut oil and sauté red onion until transparent. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir fry for another minute. Add diced carrots, yellow squash, red curry paste & chopped tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes are soft.
Add lentils, stock and salt & pepper to taste. Pressure cook until the lentils are soft, about 12 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for about 15 minutes. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup and strain to remove the tomato skin & seeds (if desired) . Add to a large pot and bring to a boil, lower the heat, stir in coconut milk and herbs. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Add some jaggery & lime juice to taste, remove from heat, serve hot and enjoy!