This recipe is featured in our Weekly Meal Planner Email Newsletter. Sign up for it here to have 6 great dinner recipes (along with a full shopping list) delivered to your inbox every Sunday!
- 1 (14 ounce) block extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/ 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 head baby bok choy, trimmed and washed
- Chopped cashews, for garnish
- Salt, To Taste
- 1 lime, juiced, add to taste
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Brown rice noodles, cooked, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Bake the tofu on parchment lined sheet pans for about 20 minutes, until golden and slightly crispy.
Meanwhile, sauté the cumin seeds and mustard seeds until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the red onion, garlic cloves, green chilies, turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder and curry powder. Sauté for about 5 minutes, then add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, baby bok choy and baked tofu. Cook until cooked through and the bok choy is just wilted.
Remove from the heat. Add the cashews, lime juice and salt. If using, add the maple syrup. Serve over brown rice noodles.