A Summer Wellness Wednesday that doesn't include grilled food?! I think not! Grilled bone in pork chops, with a spinach and grilled peach salad, all finished with a drizzle of balsamic and crushed pistachios!
Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops, With A Spinach And Grilled Peach Salad
1 Quart Water
1/4 Cup Salt
2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp. Whole Black Peppercorns
2 Tsp. Thyme
4 Bone-In Pork Chops
6 Cups Baby Spinach
4 Large Peaches
For The Pork Chops (adapted from Williams-Sonoma):
1. Get a lidded container large enough to hold your meat and fill with water.
2. Dissolve the salt in the water.
3. Add your lemon zest, garlic, black peppercorns, and thyme.
4. Add your meat.
5. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight (I was hungry and
only waited an hour).
6. Remove from refrigerator and rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
7. Prepare your grill for indirect grilling over medium heat (this technique is
different for charcoal and gas grills, so do your research).
8. Oil the grill grate.
9. Place the pork chops on the grill over the direct-heat area, and sear for 2-3
minutes on each side until grill marks form.
10.Move the chops to the indirect-heat area and cover the grill.
11. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a
chop, away from the bone, registers 145°F for medium rare (cook longer if desired).
12. Remove from grill, and let rest for 10 minutes.
For The peaches:
1.Heat the grill to medium-high
2.Brush peach wedges with olive oil.
3.Place one cut side on grill.
4.Grill 2-3 minutes until grill lines form.
5.Turn wedge to the other cut side. Grill for another 2-3 minutes.
6.Remove from grill
1. Place pork chops on platter.
2. Put spinach in between pork chops.
3. Place grilled peaches on top of spinach.
4. Sprinkle chopped pistachios on top of salad.
5. Drizzle platter with balsamic vinegar.
6. Serve immediately.